Taking PKU Golike
Formula that can flex
PKU GOLIKE’s premeasured packets can easily be mixed into meals and smoothies. And because the amino acids are coated, they won’t add any unwanted flavors or smells.
Mixing for the first time?
Here are some tips to get the best result:
Since the granules, by design, aren’t meant to dissolve, foods with texture—like applesauce or smoothies with seedy fruits—mix best.
For your first few meals, mix in only 1 or 2 tablespoons. Gradually add more granules to each new meal until you’re ready for the whole packet.
Here are some other things to keep in mind to help you get the most out of your medical formula:
- Mix with food that’s room temperature or cooler. And eat promptly to make sure the special coating stays intact.
- If you decide not to use the full packet, store in an airtight container and take the remaining granules within 24 hours once opened.
- Store packets in a cool, dry place.*
- Experiment until you find the foods you like to mix with!
- Don’t add granules to hot food and drinks, or cook them: if you do, the coating that masks the flavor will melt.
- Don’t wait for granules to dissolve: they’re supposed to break down in your gut, not in your meal.
- Don’t use a full pack in a very small amount of food, as it won’t mix well.
- Don’t mix with water or juices. Mix with soft foods, smoothies, or room-temperature sauces.
Need some kitchen inspiration?
The following recipes are a deliciously easy way to learn how to use PKU GOLIKE in the kitchen.